Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
The collective and individual talents, skills and perspectives of students and staff of The Pearl foster a culture of belonging, growth, learning, collaboration, innovation and mutual respect. Our efforts contribute to intellectual curiosity, academic success, retention, persistence and graduation of our students.
We advocate for our community by…
- Attracting and retaining a diverse student body and staff.
- Aquiring resources and providing services that enhance and/or improve access to education for a diverse student body.
- Providing opportunities for students and staff to engage in experiences that focus on equity, inclusion and diversity.
- Articulating the importance of diverse, equitable and inclusive learning environments.
- Providing opportunities for students and staff to engage in intentional reflection towards self-understanding/awareness.
The students and staff at The Pearl come from many backgrounds. Our community reflects diversity in socioeconomic status, race/ethnicities, ages, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientations, physical and cognitive qualities, nationalities, religious and nonreligious backgrounds, political beliefs, and work experiences.